RT Lodge is looking to add a Wedding and Special Event Coordinator to our growing team. The ideal candidate has a passion for coordinating events with strong attention to detail while ensuring great communication with the Group Sales and Marketing Manager. The Wedding and Special Event Coordinator is responsible for providing planning and execution support for weddings and special events from the initial signing of the contractual agreement through the final invoice.
· Gain hands on experience with the Event Team
· Gain networking opportunities with business professionals
· Full Time Benefits available
· Experience working at one of the Top 50 Venues in the Country *as named by BRIDES Magazine*.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in large-scale wedding and event coordination
· Outgoing, detail-oriented, great at multi-tasking, and social-media-savvy
· A flexible schedule and availability on weekends
· A passion for the wedding and events industry or experience with the hospitality industry
· Great work ethic with willingness to learn
· Ability to work independently and problem solve
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
· Work with Group Sales and Marketing Manager to initiate and maintain planning process for weddings and special events
· Provide planning support and line of communication for Bride, Groom, families, and outside (when applicable)
· Develop event timelines
· Develop food and beverage menus for all events
· Coordinate and participate in site visits, tastings, tours, etc.
· Maintain Aisle Planner accounts for all weddings
· Maintain communications for internal planning and coordination with RT Lodge Events Team
· Contact and coordinate vendors and rentals as needed
· Communicate invoice details with Accounting Department
· Communicate event production details with RT Lodge Team during planning meetings
· Execute event timeline day of in a professional and timely manner
· Oversee floor plan and vendor set up with grounds crew staff
· Coordinate transportation for wedding and/or special events
· Coordinate menu and alcohol selections with client and communicate with Chef and Food and Beverage Manager
· Coordinate with outside planner (when applicable)
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 2-5 years of event planning experience in the wedding or food and beverage industry or in a related field
· Computer experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· General knowledge of social media platforms.
· Organizational and Time Management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Professional appearance and positive attitude
If you are interested in applying for the Wedding & Event Coordinator position, please fill out the questionnaire below and send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About RT Lodge
RT Lodge is a boutique inn, restaurant, and wedding destination event venue that offers an exceptional dining, event, and overnight experience in an idyllic country setting in Maryville, Tennessee. We are committed to providing memorable experiences for every guest no matter the occasion. To be a successful member of the RT Lodge team, you must be able to work well with other team members, managers, and interact with our guests. Must have a positive attitude and willingness to perform to the highest ability, have good organization and flexibility, and most importantly, be guest focused.